Policies, Procedures and Bylaws
The Institutional Policy on the Evaluation of Student Achievement (IPESA) was initially approved by the Board of Governors of Champlain Regional College on October 26, 2007, and has since been updated.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THIS POLICY ARE
- to ensure that the evaluation of student learning is fair and equitable;
- to ensure that students receive clear, timely and complete information about how courses will unfold and how learning will be evaluated;
- to empower students, faculty, professionals, support staff and administrators by providing them with clear rules, procedures and guidelines to be applied in the evaluation of student learning;
- to ensure that the awarding of diplomas is based on evaluation of student learning that validly attests to the achievement of a program’s stated competencies; and
- to specify procedures for the dissemination, application, evaluation and revision of this Policy.
The IPESA can be found in its entirety by clicking the link, hard copies are available from the office of the Academic Dean.