Physical and Mental Health

Feeling stressed out? Experiencing panic attacks? Feeling down and not sure why? Your relationship with your partner is in trouble? Not getting along with your parents? In need of housing? Having suicidal thoughts? Think you may have a drug or alcohol dependency problem? Can’t seem to adjust to this place…


Does any of this seem familiar? These are some of the common issues faced by college students. You do not have to face these challenges alone. By sharing your concerns with a professional, you may gain new perspectives and problem-solving skills. It’s okay to ask for help. You are important to us.

The service offers:

  • Confidential and professional support
  • A safe place to express and understand your emotions
  • The possibility to confide in someone when going through a rough time
  • Accompaniment to appropriate resources
  • Rapid assistance for crisis situations

If you need help with your well-being, personal counselling (stress, anxiety, motivation, feelings, relationship, crisis), academic issues, or indigenous student support, reach out to our team of Social Workers, Social Work Technicians, and Counsellors by sending an email to


You will be asked to fill out the intake form so we can provide you with the service that is right for you. A member of the team will reach out to you as soon as possible. If it’s during school hours, that’s usually within a day.

What to expect after filling out the form for counselling:

  1. Within 24 hours of receiving the form, you will be able to book a timeslot.
  2. An email is sent to the counsellor notifying them that the timeslot is reserved.
  3. An initial meeting is booked to exchange and discuss your needs (one or two sessions).
  4. There will be a maximum of 5 sessions following these initial meetings (for personal counselling).
  5. Issues will be addressed, and resources will be given – both within the school community and external services as needed.


Urgent request? Meet with a counsellor during drop-in hours. The drop-in hours offer convenient, same-day care for students. Such care can be valuable to students with busy schedules or acute conditions.


  • Natasha Dionne, C-122 on Wednesday PM
  • Michael Ouellette, C-123 on Thursday PM
  • Leila Moez, C-123a on Tuesday PM


The toolbox includes tips and references to services on and off campus.  A 24/7 first-step source for help.

If you are in a crisis situation and no one is available at the College:

Call 811, and press option 2 (Info-Social and Crisis Line) available 24/7


A national and bilingual resource that is offered 24/7 for suicidal ideation whether for you or a friend is 988. Call anytime.


JEVI (Suicidal thoughts)


The Champlain-Bishop’s Health Clinic is located in the new Sports and Wellness center and offers health care to all students who have paid the student services fee. Staff and faculty may use the service for a small fee. The staff at Health Services will do everything possible to treat illnesses and injuries quickly so that class absences will be kept to a minimum.


The staff includes nurses, a two part-time physicians and a secretary who are available Monday through Friday. Students wishing to see the nurse will be seen in order of arrival. To see the doctor, it is recommended that you make an appointment. Emergency situations will always have priority.


Records are strictly confidential. No information is released, for any reason, without the student’s consent.


Health Services are supported by student fees, therefore, there is no charge to use the service. However, the doctor’s services and the cost of any tests required are paid by health insurance or provincial medicare plans.

Quebec students who do not have their Medicare cards, or who present cards that have expired will be required to pay the full cost of services immediately.

Canadian students from another province are fully covered by their provincial medicare plans provided they:


  1. inform the Ministry of Health in their home province that they are studying in Quebec before they leave home;
  2. have their Provincial Medicare card with them when they come to see the doctor. If the card is unavailable or has expired, the full cost of services must be paid immediately.


For additional information, consult the Health Services webpage or contact 819-822-9600 ext. 2696.

Worried about your sexual health or romantic life? Need information on campus services or access to birth control? SEXed is here for you.

What is SEXed?


We are a group of dedicated peers, supported by a small team of faculty, who are there to answer your questions and help you find what you need, from information to birth control. We support your sexual and romantic priorities with information on consent, healthy relationships, safer sex, peer pressure, and gender and sexual identity. All the Peer Educators have received training from specialist organizations. We organize information campaigns, fun events, a referral service, and safe spaces to explore a wide range of relevant issues. Our approach is non-judgemental, inclusive, diverse, and confidential.


Where can I find SEXed?


Our office is just off the lobby in C-172. Drop by for a lollipop, condom, or a quick chat. If the door is open, come on in.

How do I join SEXed?


SEXed recruits new Peer Educators once or twice a year, depending on need. The best time to join is in the spring, towards the end of your first year. However, we are always happy to hear from interested students, so please let a Peer Educator or teacher know you want to help out!

You can email us and follow us on Facebook and Instagram


Also, our resource guide is a great place to find local information and services!  STUDENT RESOURCE GUIDE

For medical emergencies on campus, or any urgent security issue

Bishop’s Security is our first responder on campus

How to reach them:

  • 819-822-9711
  • Red phones all around campus (direct line to security)
  • Hallway/Classrooms black phones in Champlain building (direct line to security)

For an urgent situation at the Champlain residences

Medical emergencies: 911 or Residence Security: 819-560-2374


For non-urgent situations: contact your Residence Advisor: 819-571-6639