Confirm and clarify your career choice
Champlain Lennoxville is now is registered with the Quebec government as an ATE/Work-Study partner. This Co-op option is offered in 2 technical programs: Accounting and Management Technology and Computer Science Technology.
The co-op option is an excellent opportunity for students to confirm and clarify their career choice. It also permits students to apply the knowledge acquired in the classroom to an actual work context with a series of two paid summer work placements over the course of their studies. Eligible students will receive help in finding, applying for, and securing summer jobs that are pertinent to their field of study. In addition to helping fund their education, students who successfully complete two work placements will receive a note of participation on their official college transcript. Students interested in participating in this enriched learning opportunity should check the general and specific eligibility criteria and contact the co-op coordinator for more information.
General Eligibility Requirements for students in AMT:
All students must meet the following requirements in order to qualify for a co-op placement:
- Be registered as a full-time student in the program;
- Meet specific eligibility requirements for each co-op placement;
- Complete the co-op confirmation form;
- Remain in good academic standing during the semester prior to the placement;
- Registered for full-time studies after the placement;
- Pay the co-op administration fee;
- Be eligible to work in Canada*.
- International students consult the Canada Citizenship & Immigration website and the Champlain-Lennoxville Registrar’s Office for more information. Please note that some positions may be open to Canadian citizens only.
End of Year One Placement – Specific Eligibility Requirements
In addition to the general eligibility requirements noted above, students must meet the following specific requirements in order to be eligible for their first co-op placement:
- Have successfully completed all first semester program-specific courses;
- Be enrolled in/have successfully completed all first semester General Education courses as scheduled within the program profile and have successfully completed a minimum of one English (Prep or College) course and be enrolled in one French course;
- Attend any preparatory activities mandated by the College (including workplace etiquette, interview skills, CV writing).
- Have a 70% or higher average after their first semester.
End of Year Two Placement – Specific Eligibility Requirements
In addition to the general eligibility requirements noted above, students must meet the following specific requirements in order to be eligible for their second co-op placement:
*Have successfully completed all first, second, and third semester program-specific courses;
*Be enrolled in/have successfully completed all first, second, and third semester General Education courses as scheduled within the program profile and have successfully completed a minimum of two English courses and two French courses;
*Attend any preparatory activities mandated by the College;
*Have a cumulative average of 70% or higher after their third semester;
*Have received an overall performance rating of average or better in their first co-op placement.